Holland international defender John Heitinga is linked with Norwich City transfer
- Credit: PA
Norwich City are reported to be interested in signing out-of-favour Everton defender John Heitinga.
The 31-year-old Dutchman, who has been capped 87 times by his country, has featured just three times for the Toffees so far this season and looked set to sign for West Ham United last week.
However the former Ajax and Atlético Madrid player pulled the plug on the deal and is now considering his options.
'The deal has been cancelled,' Heitinga said of the West Ham move last week. 'This has nothing to do with money, but is only about the feeling I got.
'This might be the most important decision of my career, so everything has to be just right. We reached the conclusion that this is not the case after we held talks.'
You may also want to watch:
Heitinga has played for Everton 138 times since arriving for an estimated £6m fee in September 2009, scoring four times, and plays mainly as a centre-back but has also been used as a defensive midfielder at times.
Heitinga has not featured in the Premier League for Everton yet and looks unlikely to feature for Holland during this summer's World Cup in Brazil, having not featured for his country since October 2012.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 9 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 10 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
The Daily Mail is now touting the Canaries as being interested in Heitinga, but also claims Fulham, Newcastle and Roma maintain an interest in the defender.
He has played three times so far this season, twice in the Capital One Cup and as an 83rd-minute substitute during Everton's 4-0 win against QPR in the FA Cup third round on Saturday.