WATCH: Highlights from Norwich City’s 1-0 Championship win against Middlesbrough - and THAT Trybull rocket
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Tom Trybull was the star of the show for Norwich City on and off the pitch against 10-man Middlesbrough on Saturday at Carrow Road.
Trybull celebrated his new City deal - announced moments before kick-off - with a thumping 25-yard winner after Rudy Gestede was sent off midway through the first half for Boro for a lunge at Grant Hanley.
The German midfielder was the only change to the starting line up from the 1-0 Championship away win at Brentford, replacing Mario Vrancic, with James Maddison fit for duty after missing three days of training with a hamstring problem.
Trybull collected Alex Tettey's pass to rifle a shot past Darren Randolph and City had further opportunities to add to their lead in the second period but Randolph twice denied Nelson Oliveira.
Norwich's fourth league win in six sets them up for a tough spell this month with away games at promotion-chasing Derby and Wolves around Ipswich's visit to Carrow Road.
You may also want to watch:
• Watch the key moments from City's win at Carrow Road.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 7 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 10 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt on the following channels…