Watch highlights of Norwich City's 7-0 thrashing of Huddersfield
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The Premier League return is now almost inevitable for Norwich City, after a quite brilliant 7-0 demolition of Huddersfield at Carrow Road last night.
It’s the first time the Canaries have won a game by seven clear goals in the second tier, pushing them eight points clear of Watford at the summit and 17 ahead of third-placed Brentford.
Emi Buendia ran the show in the first half with a goal and three assists as the Championship leaders roared into a 5-0 lead at the break, with Teemu Pukki completing his hat-trick from the penalty spot after half-time.
Todd Cantwell, Kieran Dowell and substitute Jordan Hugill scored the other goals on a sensational night of attacking football against an injury-hit Terriers team.
Next up is a trip to lowly Derby on Saturday, when another win for Daniel Farke's team could seal promotion, as long as Brentford and Swansea fail to win, at Preston and Millwall respectively.
- You can watch extended highlights of the win above and watch the verdict of our chief Canaries reporter below
- 1 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 2 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 5 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 6 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 8 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 9 Boss says sorry for fake worker's 'vile' comments about Prince Philip
- 10 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m