Hat-trick continues renaissance of former Norwich City striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel at Vitesse Arnhem
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The Ricky van Wolfswinkel renaissance has hit new heights in Holland as the former Norwich City striker scored a hat-trick for Vitesse Arnhem.
The £8.5million flop managed just two goals in 28 games during his three seasons with the Canaries, after failing to continue the prolific form he produced in Portugal with Sporting Lisbon.
The first of those came on his debut, in a 2-2 Premier League draw with Everton on the opening day of the 2013/14 season, and the second was a winner at Rotherham in the League Cup at the start of last season.
He was then sent out on loan to Spanish top-flight side Real Betis for the remainder of the campaign, before being sold to Arnhem in a deal reportedly worth around £500,000 to shift the big earner from City's wage bill as he entered the final year of his contract.
The 28-year-old has since rediscovered his scoring touch and 18 goals in 29 league games has lifted Vitesse to fifth place in the Eredivisie with four games remaining.
You may also want to watch:
That tally was given a boost on Saturday when the Holland international scored three goals in a 4-2 home win over Heerenveen.
Press play on the video above to see the former Canaries striker's hat-trick.
- 1 Water outages hit homes across city
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 4 People released from car after crash closes road
- 5 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 6 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 7 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 8 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 9 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 10 Landlady warns community pubs are being 'crucified' by new measures