Graham Dorrans is wary of Blackburn threat in Norwich City’s Championship opener
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Graham Dorrans intends to prove his Premier League class to help Norwich City secure Championship promotion this season.
The Scotland international impressed during City's final pre-season friendly, a 3-2 defeat to Hannover, and is looking to make a big impression during the coming campaign.
'I've played in the Premier League for seven years of my career that I've been in England and I think I'm capable of playing at that level,' Dorrans said.
'Unfortunately things didn't go to plan last season, we find ourselves in the Championship but we've got a good squad, we've got players who can compete at the top end of this league.
'Hopefully we can do that and put in some good performances and get back up to the Premier League, where we belong.'
The Scot is confident he will shake off a minor groin strain picked up against Hannover in time to be fit to face Blackburn at Ewood Park on Saturday.
Since initially joining on loan from West Brom, the 29-year-old has gone on to make 44 appearances for the Canaries, 13 of which have come from the bench.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 3 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 4 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 9 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 10 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
'It's always a disappointment when you're not in the team but you keep working hard, hopefully I've done that in pre-season and I've got that for the start of this season,' he continued.
'When you get in the team you have to play well to stay there and hopefully I can do that.'
City are preparing to face a Rovers team being led by former Bolton and Burnley boss Owen Coyle, which has had its attacking options bolstered by former Sunderland striker Danny Graham and ex-Celtic star Anthony Stokes.
'We'll do our training and our video prep this week on Blackburn but I'm sure they'll be ready to go,' Dorrans added.
'They'll have had a good pre-season like us and they'll be going in looking to win it just like we will and every Championship club will do.
'It will be a tough game but hopefully we can go out and get three points.'