Fulham v Norwich City: Daniel Farke on pre-season and his fans’ message
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
It is unrealistic to think Norwich City can hit the ground running – but football is all about achieving the unrealistic.
Norwich City's new head coach Daniel Farke gave his first pre-match press conference at Colney on Thursday lunchtime, ahead of the Canaries' season-opening trip to Fulham on Saturday (3pm).
And speaking to our Canaries correspondents Paddy Davitt and Michael Bailey, City's German boss gave his thoughts on the EFL Championship curtain-raiser at Craven Cottage, as well as the pre-season just gone.
Farke adds his own message for the Norwich City supporters, as the Canaries head into something of the unknown with numerous player and coaching changes.
City's starting line-up is set to be without Josh Murphy, Ivo Pinto, Wes Hoolahan, Timm Klose, Alex Pritchard and possibly captain Russell Martin for the kick-off in west London – where Norwich have not won since 1986.
You may also want to watch:
The game is Farke's first competitive outing since being appointed from Borussia Dortmund II at Carrow Road at the end of May. His City side went through all eight games of pre-season unbeaten.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 9 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit