Fulham sign new £5million striker Aboubakar Kamara ahead of opening-day clash with Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Fulham have made a significant new signing ahead of Saturday's opening game of the Championship season against Norwich City.
Aboubakar Kamara, a 22-year-old French striker, has been signed from Amiens for a reported fee of around £5million to become manager Slavisa Jokanovic's sixth signing of the transfer window.
Kamara has signed a four-year deal, with the option for a further 12 months, having scored 11 goals in 29 games as Amiens secured promotion to the French top flight for the first time in their history.
He follows three recent loan signings, Czech defender Tomas Kalas and Brazilian attacker Lucas Piazon both returning for another season from Chelsea and midfielder Oliver Norwood from Brighton for the campaign.
The signing of Kamara would appear to end rumours of the Cottagers hoping to sign Norwich striker Cameron Jerome which have persisted in the off-season, ahead of the Canaries travelling to Craven Cottage this weekend.
Fulham's vice chairman and director of football operations, Tony Khan, said: 'Today is a big day for Fulham. We're excited that Aboubakar Kamara has joined our great club.
You may also want to watch:
'Aboubakar brings exceptional speed and finishing ability up top and, despite his youth, he's already played a major role in achieving promotion for his prior club. It's no secret that we've had interest in Aboubakar for some time, and I'm confident that it won't take long for our supporters to see why.
'We're delighted to welcome Aboubakar to Fulham, and we'll continue to do everything we can to build for the brightest possible future for the Club while also working hard to give our amazing supporters the excellent results that they deserve in the season ahead.'
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 9 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
Speaking to fulhamfc.com, Kamara added: 'I am delighted to have completed my transfer to Fulham today. Fulham is a Club with a fantastic history and tradition, and I'm looking forward to bringing my qualities to help the team and achieve success.'