Fulham 1 Norwich City 1: Your tweets about Nelson Oliveira’s message to Daniel Farke
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Nelson Oliveira sparked chaotic celebrations in the away end at Craven Cottage with his late equaliser for Norwich City against Fulham.
He also created the biggest talking point of the weekend for fans when he took off his shirt, ran to manager Daniel Farke and pointedly showed him the name on the back.
It was a clear message to Farke, who selected Cameron Jerome ahead of him for the opening match of the season.
Farke responded by kissing Oliveira on the forehead and giving him a hug - then afterwards said he had no problem with the Portuguese striker's behaviour.
He said: 'He is a Portuguese guy and very emotional and passionate. When I think back to my own career I was angry when I didn't play and if I scored I would show my shirt to the coach and even throw it at his feet.
'I think it is quite normal. All the players should want to play 90 minutes in nearly 60 games, hopefully, but it is not possible. One of our greatest strengths is to have two of the best strikers in the league.'
The celebration has divided opinion among fans. Here are some of your tweets:
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 5 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 6 Neighbours describe axe brawl in Norfolk village
- 7 Fighter jet heard roaring over Norwich in night time training exercise
- 8 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Heatwave leaves dried-up pond like 'scene from sci-fi movie'
- 10 Crews battle overnight house fire in north Norfolk
Kev the Canary (@kpg45uk)
I Spent 5 yrs in Portugal. Remember Nelson is NOT British, we can't judge his passion & emotion by our own conservative standards. #ncfc
Jon Rogers (@BigGrantHolt)
Nelson's celebratantrum has confused me. I keep swaying from being ok with it and not being ok with it. In the space of seconds.
Damian Artherton (@damoa666)
Great that farke ignored nelsons unprofessional behaviour and kissed his head in celebration. #NCFC
Jake Humphrey (@mrjakehumphrey)
Just seen this. Classless from Oliveira. If I was Daniel Farke that'd be his first & last ncfc game of the season
Apparently I'm told Tony Adams said you should play for the badge on the front of the shirt , not the name on the back #ncfc I like that
If a player did this to Fergie/Conte/Mourinho they wouldn't play again. #NCFC
Josh Hancock (@_JoshHancock)
Showing his gaffer hes got confidence in his own ability to do bits for #ncfc what is the big problem? Numpties can't handle a bit of grit
James Wing (@JW1N6_NCFC)
Desire to be on the pitch, Raw emotion, are these not 2 of the things we as #NCFC fans have been saying this club needs!? #letsseemore
Imagine if Grabban had done that in a Norwich shirt. Nelson needs to grow up. Nobody choses the team but Farke....but great goal #ncfc
Ash Cooke (@ashcooke96)
Why on earth are people moaning about Oliveira celebration?! Don't you want our players to show passion and clear desire to be playing #ncfc