Former West Brom midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu signs two-year deal with Norwich City
- Credit: PA
Norwich City have confirmed the signing of former West Brom midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu on a free transfer.
The 28-year-old midfielder has signed a two-year deal and joins former Baggies team-mate Graham Dorrans as City's first permanent signings ahead of their return to the Premier League.
Canaries boss Alex Neil told his club's website: 'The fact that we've been able to pick Youssouf up on a free transfer is a fantastic piece of business.
'His arrival will add to the competition for places. We have a strong squad with a lot of players that have done well in the Premier League and Youssouf will bring that competition to the squad.
'He has vast experience of the Premier League but he's still at a good age. You generally say that a player comes into their peak between 27 and 32, and he's right in the middle of that.
You may also want to watch:
'He's another fantastic player to add to an already-strong squad going into the Premier League.'
Mulumbu was told his contract would not be renewed at the end of last season by West Brom having fallen out of favour under manager Tony Pulis following the signature of Darren Fletcher from Manchester United in the January transfer window.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 6 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 7 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
- 8 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
The Democratic Republic of Congo international will officially join the Canaries on July 1.
He made 211 appearances in six years for the Baggies, scoring 15 goals, after joining from French giants Paris Saint-Germain in 2009.
The battling central midfielder made 21 appearances for West Brom last season but featured in only six matches following his return from the African Cup of Nations at the start of the year.