Former Norwich City winger Elliott Bennett linked with Ipswich Town switch
- Credit: PA
Ipswich Town are reportedly interested in signing former Norwich City winger Elliott Bennett.
The 27-year-old is currently in Austria for pre-season training with Blackburn Rovers but The Sun claims Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy wants to sign Bennett.
After 77 appearances during six seasons with City, Bennett joined Bristol City on loan early last season and made 15 Championship appearances for the Robins.
However he chose to be reunited with former Canaries boss Paul Lambert at Blackburn in January, moving to Rovers in a deal thought to be worth around £250,000.
Lambert left Ewood Park over the summer and new boss Owen Coyle has recently signed winger Liam Feeney from Bolton, who had impressed while on loan at Ipswich last season, as he prepares foe the visit of Norwich on the opening day of the new Championship season.
You may also want to watch:
McCarthy is now reportedly interested in Bennett filling that void, having previously worked with the Telford-born wide-man as he started out at Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Town started their pre-season campaign with a 2-1 win away at Irish side Shelbourne on Saturday, with Brett Pitman and Freddie Sears on target.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub