Former Norwich City striker Jamie Cureton joins Arsenal coaching staff
- Credit: Ashley Pickering/Sportsbeat Imag
Former Norwich City striker Jamie Cureton has taken his first steps into coaching by linking up with Arsenal's youth academy.
The 42-year-old has enjoyed an impressive career, playing for 13 teams in the Football League, including two separate stints with the Canaries.
But the forward, who scored 24 goals with Norwich, is taking his first steps into coaching.
'I was approached in the summer by Arsenal and went down for meetings and it's gone on from there really,' he told the Bristol Post.
'I'm starting out at Arsenal as a part-time assistant for the under 16s and helping with the 15s as well.
You may also want to watch:
'So I'll be working Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday and then game days on a Saturday when I can.'
Cureton also revealed he will be continuing his playing career at Farnborough. 'I've got three goals in eight games this season,' he said.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 4 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 5 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 6 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 7 Local pub splashes back into action
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 High school pupils isolating after positive Covid-19 test
- 10 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
'And I've got three in my last two, so I'm on a good run at the moment.'