Former Norwich City striker Jamie Cureton joins Arsenal coaching staff
- Credit: Ashley Pickering/Sportsbeat Imag
Former Norwich City striker Jamie Cureton has taken his first steps into coaching by linking up with Arsenal's youth academy.
The 42-year-old has enjoyed an impressive career, playing for 13 teams in the Football League, including two separate stints with the Canaries.
But the forward, who scored 24 goals with Norwich, is taking his first steps into coaching.
'I was approached in the summer by Arsenal and went down for meetings and it's gone on from there really,' he told the Bristol Post.
'I'm starting out at Arsenal as a part-time assistant for the under 16s and helping with the 15s as well.
You may also want to watch:
'So I'll be working Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday and then game days on a Saturday when I can.'
Cureton also revealed he will be continuing his playing career at Farnborough. 'I've got three goals in eight games this season,' he said.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
'And I've got three in my last two, so I'm on a good run at the moment.'