Former Liverpool and Bayer Leverkusen man Sami Hyypia linked with Norwich City vacancy
- Credit: AP
Former Liverpool captain and Bayer Leverkusen manager Sami Hyypia has found his name thrown into the pot for Norwich City's current managerial vacancy.
The Finn is out of work after his dismissal by the German club in April. But now the 40-year-old is said to be keen for a move back to England – that is according to the website hereisthecity.com
It means Norwich, West Bromwich Albion and Championship play-off semi-finalists Brighton have earned a link to the former Anfield hero and their respective manager searches.
Hyypia's work at Leverkusen alongside head coach Sascha Lewandowski was widely praised – however, the German side started to struggle once Hyypia was given the chance to lead Bayer on his own last summer, and he was sacked last month.
Hyypia did at least preserve a 50pc win percentage at the Bay Arena.
The Canaries have confirmed their managerial search is likely to go on for a few more days having extended their previous deadline of last weekend for the new man to be named.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 6 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 7 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 8 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 9 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 10 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich