‘For Norwich, the fear intensifies’ - what the nationals said about Norwich City’s defeat to Arsenal
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Here are the national newspapers' views on Norwich City's 1-0 defeat to Arsenal at The Emirates.
• The Guardian: 'Norwich played admirably, deserved a draw, and certainly don't look like a team who are resigned to relegation.'
• The Telegraph: 'Norwich City may well go down to the Championship, but winger Nathan Redmond will most likely remain in the top flight. Redmond impressed with his pace and ability to find space, and the 22-year-old is already on the wanted lists of a number of clubs that will be in the Premier League next season. Even if Norwich escape the drop, they will struggle to hold on to in-demand Redmond.'
You may also want to watch:
• The Mirror: 'Norwich, who slip two points from safety, were well organised and competed well but were unable to find the opening goal which would have ramped up the pressure on the home team. Now two points behind the Black Cats, even wins at home to Man Utd and Watford and away to Everton might not be enough.'
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 7 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 8 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
- 9 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
• The Daily Mail: 'For Norwich, relegation now looks more probable than possible. And all because Wenger won the game for his team. Some Arsenal fans will do well to remember that.'
• The Independent: 'There was certainly a growing unease inside the ground before the introduction of Danny Welbeck in the 56th minute of this 1-0 win for Arsenal that deepens the worry lines for Alex Neil and his Norwich side who sit 19th, two points from safety.
'For Norwich, the fear intensifies.'
• The Sun: 'Nathan Redmond will be the key to Norwich staying up. He was a real livewire at the Emirates and could easily have scored before Welbeck broke the deadlock.'