Fit-again Norwich City midfielder Graham Dorrans has goals on his mind
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
An unfortunate start to the season will not curb the ambitions of Norwich City midfielder Graham Dorrans.
The Scotland international saw his pre-season ruined by a groin injury but after making his return in Saturday's 3-2 win over Cardiff the 29-year-old is hoping to keep his place against Wigan at Carrow Road tonight.
Then he intends to start proving his Championship class again, with his last full season in the second tier in 2009-10 seeing his score 13 league goals.
'It's something the manager has spoken to me about, to try and get forward a bit more,' Dorrans said. 'He spoke to me about it in pre-season, I felt I was doing that, it's just getting my fitness up to make more box-to-box runs and I felt I was in that place. But obviously I missed a month so it's just about topping my fitness up now and getting back there.'
The Scot signed a new three-year deal in the summer, extending his City deal until the summer of 2019, and was feeling in good shape.
You may also want to watch:
'I felt really good, probably the best I'd felt in the last year or so, getting the full pre-season under my belt and ready to go, and then in the last 10 minutes of the game (against Hannover) I picked up an injury so it was disappointing,' he added.
'It was a tough month for me but I managed to get back into training and topped up my fitness with the 90 minutes on Saturday.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'