‘First half at Oakwell up there with the most embarrassing 45 minutes I’ve ever seen’ - Fans react to Norwich City’s defeat at Barnsley
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City slumped to another Championship away defeat with a 2-1 loss at Barnsley and fans are unsurprisingly less than impressed.
Tom Bradshaw and Conor Hourihane gave the hosts a 2-0 lead in the first half before Nelson Oliveira pulled a goal back for the Canaries with a long range strike in the 52nd minute.
City manager Alex Neil made one change from the starting line up that hammered Brentford 5-0 in the Championship with Josh Murphy making only his second start of the campaign in place of Steven Naismith. Murphy's elevation to the XI created a small piece of family history, with brother Jacob on the opposite flank for the first time together in the starting line up in the league at senior level for the Canaries.
Olsson returned to the substitutes' bench following a knee problem that kept him out against the Bees. Alex Tettey (hip), Cameron Jerome (back) and Michael McGovern (knee) were absent.
City were punished in the 12th minute when Bradshaw got across Seb Bassong at the near post to sweep a right-footed shot past John Ruddy.
You may also want to watch:
Reds' captain Hourihane crashed a rising shot beyond Ruddy after Norwich were again cut open down their left five minutes before the interval.
Neil opted for a double change at the break with Olsson and Youssouf Mulumbu replacing Josh Murphy and Pritchard.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
Oliveira dragged City back into the contest with a screamer on his left foot from fully 30 yards that flew past Davies low into his bottom right-hand corner but it wasn't enough.
What did you think of Norwich City's performance? Let us know in the comments below.