Final dress rehearsal for Norwich City against Panathinaikos
- Credit: PA
Norwich City's new look squad get one final chance to impress Chris Hughton today against 20-time Greek champions Panathinaikos in a Carrow Road pre-season finale (3pm).
John Ruddy is expected to be available following his midweek England recall after Hughton opted not to risk his number one against Real Sociedad following a minor back injury suffered in training. Martin Olsson and Bradley Johnson made their first appearances of the summer against the Spaniards as they look to stake a claim for a starting place ahead of Everton's opening day visit to Norfolk next weekend.
Sebastien Bassong and Anthony Pilkington (knee injuries) will not feature with Pilkington having pulled out of the Republic of Ireland squad for next week's friendly against Wales.
Panathinaikos' big summer signing Markus Berg is in the Greeks' squad following his move from Hamburg. Newcastle United midfielder Mehdi Abeid has also joined the visitors' on a season-long loan deal. Talented teenage wide player Charis Mavrias continues to be linked with a move to City's Premier League rivals Sunderland. The 19-year-old full Greek international was poised to seal a £2.5m switch to the Black Cats last month before the potential transfer collapsed.
The Athenians finished sixth in last season's Greek Super League behind runaway champions Olympiacos which saw Giannis Anastasiou's squad fail to qualify for European competition for the first time since 1997.
You may also want to watch:
City officials have announced Bassong will be officially presented with his player-of-the-year trophy by joint-majority shareholder Michael Wynn-Jones shortly before kick-off.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
• Tickets for today's game are on general sale, priced £15 adults, £10 for over-65s, £5 for Under-17s and £1 for under-12s. The upper tiers of the stadium will not be open for this afternoon's match.