Revealed: The hero who persuaded Teemu Pukki to join Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Stuart Webber, Daniel Farke, Delia and Michael, Max Aarons, Emi Buendia...now a new name can be added to the list of Norwich City heroes.
Kirsikka Laurikko is not a familiar name on the lips of Canaries fans celebrating their title triumph, and certainly does not have a song.
But perhaps it is time to write one. For Kirsikka has been revealed as the biggest reason that goal king Teemu Pukki joined Norwich in the summer.
Pukki, sporting a mini Mohawk courtesy of barber and club captain Grant Hanley, revealed the part played by his fiancée as he was interviewed by BT Sport's Jake Humphrey on the City Hall balcony during Monday's celebrations.
Pukki said that when he heard about City's interest he "did not want to sign". But he added that his fiancée did, and she convinced him - a decision that has reaped 29 goals and nine assists this season.
You may also want to watch:
Pukki then pointed to where Kirsikka was standing and said: "So you have her to thank."
Last week, Kirsikka, who is from Pukki's native Finland, spoke to canaries.co.uk along with Kathryn Brown, Grant Hanley's girlfriend, Fabienne Klose, Timm Klose's wife, and Brogan Rooney, the fiancée of Kenny McLean.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Kirsikka, talking about Pukki's success, said: "It's really nice to see but I knew he has a really good work ethic and he's making sure that he is doing the best he can in the field.
"I am wearing the Teemu Pukki T-shirt at home, it's a really nice T-shirt. It feels a little bit funny because for me he is just Teemu, my fiancé."