Revealed: The hero who persuaded Teemu Pukki to join Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Stuart Webber, Daniel Farke, Delia and Michael, Max Aarons, Emi Buendia...now a new name can be added to the list of Norwich City heroes.
Kirsikka Laurikko is not a familiar name on the lips of Canaries fans celebrating their title triumph, and certainly does not have a song.
But perhaps it is time to write one. For Kirsikka has been revealed as the biggest reason that goal king Teemu Pukki joined Norwich in the summer.
Pukki, sporting a mini Mohawk courtesy of barber and club captain Grant Hanley, revealed the part played by his fiancée as he was interviewed by BT Sport's Jake Humphrey on the City Hall balcony during Monday's celebrations.
Pukki said that when he heard about City's interest he "did not want to sign". But he added that his fiancée did, and she convinced him - a decision that has reaped 29 goals and nine assists this season.
You may also want to watch:
Pukki then pointed to where Kirsikka was standing and said: "So you have her to thank."
Last week, Kirsikka, who is from Pukki's native Finland, spoke to canaries.co.uk along with Kathryn Brown, Grant Hanley's girlfriend, Fabienne Klose, Timm Klose's wife, and Brogan Rooney, the fiancée of Kenny McLean.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Kirsikka, talking about Pukki's success, said: "It's really nice to see but I knew he has a really good work ethic and he's making sure that he is doing the best he can in the field.
"I am wearing the Teemu Pukki T-shirt at home, it's a really nice T-shirt. It feels a little bit funny because for me he is just Teemu, my fiancé."