Fans hope Canaries will hold out for at least £12m for Pritchard from Huddersfield
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Huddersfield Town look to be closing on an agreement to sign Alex Pritchard from Norwich City but fans want the Canaries to hold out for a deal worth at least £12m.
The Premier League side started their negotiations with a cheeky bid of £5million, prompting outcry from City supporters.
With the 24-year-old thought to be keen on a move to the top flight after spending the last 18 months in the Championship, national newspaper The Sun have since gone as far as claiming that the former Tottenham Hotspur and England Under-21 starlet has agreed a four-and-a-half year deal with the Yorkshire club.
The Terriers have reportedly upped their offer to £11million, entering more realistic realms – but still not enough for many fans taking part in our latest poll at pinkun.com.
Over 4,400 fans voted as we asked how much City should sell Pritchard for, with 44 percent happy that a price between £12m and £15m would be a fair price.
You may also want to watch:
Plenty believe the playmaker is worth more though, with 41pc voting for a minimum of £15m.
Huddersfield boss David Wagner is believed to be keen to add some attacking talent to his squad, with the Terriers having scored just 18 goals in 22 Premier League games since promotion.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
Town sit 11th in the top-flight table with 16 games remaining but are only four points clear of the relegation zone and have won just two of their last 11 league matches.
It is the first season Huddersfield have competed at English football's top table in 45 years thanks to the financial support of owner Dean Hoyle, spending around £35m on the likes of Steve Mounie, Tom Ince and Aaron Mooy last summer.
The local businessman and his wife, Janet, were reported to be worth £284million in the 2017 Sunday Times Rich List, ranking them as the 12th wealthiest in Yorkshire, having sold greetings card retailer Card Factory for an estimated £350million in 2010.
Pritchard has scored eight goals and created 11 in 43 games for the Canaries since joining from Spurs in a deal worth around £8million in August 2016.
How much would it take for you to sell Alex Pritchard?
£5m – 3pc
£7m to £10m – 4pc
£10m to £12m – 8pc
£12m to £15m – 44pc
£15m+ – 41pc
• Results correct at the time of writing, our poll remains open, cast your vote above