Ex-Norwich City keeper John Ruddy linked with move to Steve Bruce’s Aston Villa
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City keeper John Ruddy could be on his way to Championship side Aston Villa .
The 30-year-old is available on a free after leaving City at the end of the season.
Ruddy has been linked with moves to Premier Legaue West Ham and the MLS, but told the Daily Mirror that Steve Bruce's Villa are an option.
'Well, it's a massive club with a superb infrastructure,' he said.
'Everyone knows Villa should be in the Premier League and I would love to be a part of making that happen.'
You may also want to watch:
Villa are in the market for a new goalkeeper following Sam Johnstone's return to Manchester United – Bruce was keen to keep Johnstone for another season but faces competition from a host of Premier Legaue and Championship clubs.
Ruddy was one of seven senior players to leave City in May. He had been at Carrow Road for seven years, making 243 appearances.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?