Ex-Norwich City assistant Lee Clark sacked by Birmingham City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City assistant manager Lee Clark has been sacked by Birmingham City.
A statement from the club on Monday said: 'Birmingham City Football Club has parted company with Lee Clark and Steve Watson with immediate effect.
'The search for a successor has already begun and the board will look to make an appointment in the very near future
'In the meantime, first-team coach Richard Beale and chief scout Malcolm Crosby have been placed in caretaker charge.
'The club wishes to place on record its sincere thanks to Lee Clark and Steve Watson for their combined efforts over a period stretching back to June 2012.'
You may also want to watch:
Clark was assistant to Glenn Roeder between November, 2007, and December, 2008, when he left to take over as manager of Huddersfield Town.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 7 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 9 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship