Gallery: England U21s train in Norwich ahead of qualifying clash with Netherlands
- Credit: Archant
The England Under-21s have been training at Carrow Road this afternoon ahead of their crunch European U21 Championship qualifier against the Netherlands in Norwich.
The Young Lions go into Thursday night's game five points clear at the top of Group Four after taking 16 points from a possible 18 in qualifying so far.
The game (7.45pm kick-off) against the second-placed rivals will be followed by a trip to Latvia on Tuesday, with Aidy Boothroyd's side knowing two wins will seal their place at next summer's finals in Italy.
Two former Norwich City favourites are in the squad, with last season's number one goalkeeper Angus Gunn and play of the season James Maddison both expected to feature.
Norwich-born Gunn, the son of Canaries legend Bryan, has been Boothroyd's first choice during the qualification campaign so far but has played second fiddle to Alex McCarthy since joining Southampton in a £13.5m deal from Manchester City this summer.
You may also want to watch:
However Maddison has started all four of Leicester's games in the premier League so far this season, since sealing a move worth in excess of £20m after a superb season for Norwich.
• Scroll down for more of Antony Kelly's photos of the U21s in training
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 3 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 4 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 5 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 8 Electric scooter riders arrested for drink-driving
- 9 Tiny baby saved by 120-mile flight in 'wrong' helicopter
- 10 Driver may have fallen asleep before fatal crash, inquest hears