Gallery: England U21s train in Norwich ahead of qualifying clash with Netherlands
- Credit: Archant
The England Under-21s have been training at Carrow Road this afternoon ahead of their crunch European U21 Championship qualifier against the Netherlands in Norwich.
The Young Lions go into Thursday night's game five points clear at the top of Group Four after taking 16 points from a possible 18 in qualifying so far.
The game (7.45pm kick-off) against the second-placed rivals will be followed by a trip to Latvia on Tuesday, with Aidy Boothroyd's side knowing two wins will seal their place at next summer's finals in Italy.
Two former Norwich City favourites are in the squad, with last season's number one goalkeeper Angus Gunn and play of the season James Maddison both expected to feature.
Norwich-born Gunn, the son of Canaries legend Bryan, has been Boothroyd's first choice during the qualification campaign so far but has played second fiddle to Alex McCarthy since joining Southampton in a £13.5m deal from Manchester City this summer.
You may also want to watch:
However Maddison has started all four of Leicester's games in the premier League so far this season, since sealing a move worth in excess of £20m after a superb season for Norwich.
• Scroll down for more of Antony Kelly's photos of the U21s in training
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success