England call-ups for Norwich City trio
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
A trio of Norwich City's FA Youth Cup-winning starlets have been named in the England Under-19s' squad for a friendly against Estonia in Tallinn next month.
Josh Murphy and Harry Toffolo are joined in Noel Blake's squad for the first time by Carlton Morris, who struck a hat-trick at Everton during Norwich's victorious march to a first FA Youth Cup win in 30 years following a famous aggregate win over holders Chelsea in last season's final.
The Young Lions' game on September 5 will be vital preparation for a first qualifying round trip to Slovenia in October which forms the first stage towards the 2014 European Championships in Hungary. England will play the hosts, Andorra and Switzerland with only the top two qualifying for the Elite round.
Barnsley midfielder Paul Digby has also earned a first call up for his country at this level after breaking into the Tykes' first-team last season. Chelsea are well-represented with goalkeeper Mitchell Beeney, Josh Aina, Lewis Baker and Ruben Loftus-Cheek all in the squad.
You may also want to watch:
England under-19 squad to play Estonia on September 5
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
• Goalkeepers: Mitchell Beeney (Chelsea), Luke Coddington (Middlesbrough).
• Defenders: Josh Aina (Chelsea), Leo Chambers (West Ham United), Harry Toffolo (Norwich City), Isaac Hayden (Arsenal), Jake Cooper (Reading).
• Midfielders: Paul Digby (Barnsley), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea) Jordon Ibe (Liverpool), Josh Murphy (Norwich City), Carlton Morris (Norwich City), Lewis Baker (Chelsea), Ben Pearson (Manchester United), Calum Chambers (Southampton).
• Forwards: Adam Campbell (Newcastle United), Chuba Akpom (Arsenal), James Wilson (Manchester United).