Drury out for several weeks
Norwich City defender Adam Drury could be out of action for several weeks with a thigh injury.Left-back Drury lasted just 16 minutes of Tuesday's 2-1 win at Walsall before having to make way.
Norwich City defender Adam Drury could be out of action for several weeks with a thigh injury.
Left-back Drury lasted just 16 minutes of Tuesday's 2-1 win at Walsall before having to make way.
Manager Paul Lambert confirmed today: 'He's got a slight tear in his thigh. It's not a major tear but he'll be out for a few weeks.'
With Rhoys Wiggins moving to Bournemouth on a 28-day loan, it means Stockport left-back Michael Rose, who today joined the Canaries on loan for the rest of the season, looks set to go straight into the side for tomorrow's League One home match against Hartlepool United (3pm).
You may also want to watch:
Said Lambert: 'When you look at the squad, the one position we never had much cover with somebody who's played a lot of games was left-back.
'Rhoys has had a stop-start season due to injury. He needed games so it would have been a big ask to throw him right in.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 7 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 8 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
'The way it's going at the minute we needed somebody who's played a lot of games in the league and I have seen Michael Rose numerous times.
'He had a great upbringing at Manchester United so if you're going to pick a club, you might as well pick them. He did great at Stockport and was a big part of their promotion push.'