Derby delight for Darren Huckerby’s Norwich City’s U16s at Ipswich Town
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City's U16s hammered their Ipswich counterparts 4-1 at Portman Road on Thursday night to lift the Hospital Cup for a third consecutive time.
Darren Huckerby's youngsters hit back from conceding an early goal to triumph against the Blues, with Jaden Thompson-Brissett grabbing a hat-trick in Suffolk.
Lounes Foudil put the hosts in front after 13 minutes but Thompson-Brissett slotted Connor Parsons' cross to level the following minute. Thompson-Brissett's second put visitors in total control prior to the interval after a Norwich trailist had nudged Huckerby's squad in front.
City put the game beyond reach a minute after the restart when the impressive Thompson-Brissett drilled home from outside the box.
Norwich keeper Ryan Dickerson kept out a long-range strike late on, but Norwich eased to a comfortable East Anglian derby win.
You may also want to watch:
'We were a bit sloppy on the ball at the times but our big players came through for us. There's room for improvement but it's great to win 4-1, especially away to the old enemy,' Huckerby told the club's official site. 'We didn't start particularly well, then were comfortable once we got the second goal. It's been a long season so it's nice to get a big win, away from home, where it probably could have been more.
'It's a little bit of a taster of what's to come for them. Sometimes it can be hard to come into something of a hostile atmosphere so we're very pleased to come away with victory.'
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
• Norwich City (starting XI): Dickerson; O'Donnell, Lomas, Ekumah (c), Tanimowo; Barnes; Olopade, A trialist; Parsons, A trailist, Thompson-Brissett. Subs: Dronfield, Richardson, Keller.