Recap: How transfer deadline day January 2018 unfolded for Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have confirmed their January transfer window business has been concluded and our writers have been keeping you up to date with all the latest news, rumours and deals throughout the day.
It may well have proved to be a quiet day but Canaries fans were relieved to see James Maddison's name wasn't making too many headlines, after regular speculation linking Premier League clubs with the in-form playmaker.
Three new signings arrived in quick succession last week when Onel Hernandez and Denis Srbeny were signed from Eintracht Braunschweig and Paderborn respectively, with midfielder Moritz Leitner also arriving from Germany, on loan from Augsburg.
They followed the loan signing of Tottenham starlet Marcus Edwards and a permanent signing of Scotland international midfielder Kenny McLean, who is staying with Aberdeen on loan for the remainder of the season, as well as under-23 winger Simon Power from UC Dublin AFC.
The biggest deal of the window was the sale of Alex Pritchard to Huddersfield for an initial £11million, with experienced striker Cameron Jerome heading to Derby for an initial £1.5m.
Academy product Harry Toffolo was also allowed to join Millwall on a free transfer in recent days, with potential add-ons to follow, while 13 loan deals have been sanctioned.
The most high profile were the loans of Russell Martin to Rangers, Steven Naismith to Hearts and Yanic Wildschut to Cardiff, with summer signing Marcel Franke also returning to Germany with Dynamo Dresden.
- 1 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 4 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 5 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 6 Mum trying to find lost 'heart' of daughter who died days after birthday
- 7 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 8 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 9 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show
- 10 North Norfolk glamping site named among best in the UK
Other deals included youngsters Remi Matthews, Todd Cantwell and Adam Phillips also going out to gain experience.
• Re-live deadline day as it unfolded above