Date confirmed for Norwich City Under-23s’ Premier League Cup semi-final against Reading
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City Under-23s' Premier League Cup semi-final at Reading will be played on Sunday, April 30 (1pm) at the Madejski Stadium.
The Canaries secured their place in the last four of the competition after a 1-0 win at Liverpool courtesy of Ebou Adams' first-half strike.
City will be hoping to go one better after losing out in the semi-finals of the Premier League International Cup against Sunderland.
Adams admitted Norwich are using that disappointment to fuel their bid for glory against the Royals.
'The boys were really up for the last semi-final and to lose was a bitter pill to swallow,' the midfielder told canaries.co.uk. 'It would be a great achievement for the boys to get to the final. Everyone know how it feels to lose a semi-final now and nobody wants to go through that again.
You may also want to watch:
'We're looking forward to it. We want to put in another good performance to make sure we get through.'
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low