Cruel injury blow for young Canaries striker during bright loan debut
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Norwich City striker Mason Bloomfield suffered an injury blow during his loan debut for National League promotion hopefuls AFC Fylde.
The 22-year-old cut short a spell with Hamilton last week after three goals in nine games for the Scottish side, due to limited league action, and was brought on with Fylde trailing 2-1 at Bromley.
Within 15 minutes the former Dagenham & Redbridge forward has set up Arthur Gnahoua's equaliser but midway through the second half he fell awkwardly and required lengthy treatment before being taken off on a stretcher.
'Unfortunately it's a compound fracture of his forearm which isn't nice to see for a young lad,' manager Dave Challinor told Fylde's website, with his side eventually losing 3-2 to make matters worse.
'He showed in that 20 minutes what a massive career he has ahead of him, so he can't let this affect him – he'll come back bigger and better for it.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 3 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 7 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 8 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 9 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 10 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam