Cruel injury blow for young Canaries striker during bright loan debut
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Norwich City striker Mason Bloomfield suffered an injury blow during his loan debut for National League promotion hopefuls AFC Fylde.
The 22-year-old cut short a spell with Hamilton last week after three goals in nine games for the Scottish side, due to limited league action, and was brought on with Fylde trailing 2-1 at Bromley.
Within 15 minutes the former Dagenham & Redbridge forward has set up Arthur Gnahoua's equaliser but midway through the second half he fell awkwardly and required lengthy treatment before being taken off on a stretcher.
'Unfortunately it's a compound fracture of his forearm which isn't nice to see for a young lad,' manager Dave Challinor told Fylde's website, with his side eventually losing 3-2 to make matters worse.
'He showed in that 20 minutes what a massive career he has ahead of him, so he can't let this affect him – he'll come back bigger and better for it.'
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 6 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 9 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 10 Multiple fire crews tackle farm blaze overnight