Crowd stat up for grabs
CHRIS WISE Norwich City will need their biggest crowd of the season on Sunday to pip Sheffield Wednesday to the unofficial title of the Championship's best supported club.
Norwich City will need their biggest crowd of the season on Sunday to pip Sheffield Wednesday to the unofficial title of the Championship's best supported club.
The Canaries go into their final game against Wolves with an aggregate home crowd total of 546,055 - 25,570 fewer than the Owls, who completed their own home fixtures last week.
At present City boast a Carrow Road average of 24,820 - and to get to up above Wednesday's mark of 24,853 they will obviously need an attendance of 25,571 or better on Sunday, a little under 200 more than they attracted for the derby clash against Ipswich in February.
You may also want to watch:
City's previous home attendance against QRR - 24,126 - was their fourth lowest in the league this season.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town