Craig Bellamy arrested after alleged assault
Former Norwich City striker Craig Bellamy has been arrested by police after an alleged assault in Cardiff city centre.
The incident took place in the early hours of Sunday morning, in Caroline Street.
South Wales Police have confirmed two men, aged 20 and 26, sustained facial injuries that did not require hospital treatment at the time.
Bellamy, 31, is currently on a season-long loan at Cardiff City, and he has been bailed pending further inquiries.
Cardiff declined to comment on Wednesday, but Bellamy will still be in the Bluebirds squad for their Championship trip to Carrow Road on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Police have not named Bellamy, but in a statement confirmed a 31-year-old man had been arrested.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'