Complacency is the enemy within for Norwich City boss Neil Adams
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Complacency is the enemy within for Norwich City boss Neil Adams ahead of a Carrow Road return against struggling Birmingham.
The Canaries took maximum points from difficult trips to Cardiff and Brentford but Adams knows that only serves to raise expectations ahead of this weekend's visit from Lee Clark's Blues.
'If we don't deliver at home then going to Cardiff and Brentford and winning is undermined,' he said 'That is what we said to the players after the Brentford game. We have to concentrate on a massive match now at Carrow Road. If we keep winning games we know teams will come here and look to try to frustrate us. You have to expect that. The fans will be used to that because they will remember the previous times when we have been successful and achieved promotions so at times it can be a game of patience. The fans here are fantastic so I know they will be with us every step of the way.'
Birmingham's only away league point this season came at Griffin Park, where City were pushed to the limit in midweek.
'Brentford will give teams plenty of problems and they showed there will be times when we don't get things our own way,' he said. 'Sometimes you have to dig in for 10 or 15 or maybe even 45 minutes and Brentford was a classic example of that. It was a good test of character for us. We know we have got the quality of player, we know we can win games but until you come through such tests you never know.
'I was asked before those two games would I take four points and I said no, I would take six. That isn't being disrespectful in any way but our objective as I've said is to win every game.'
- 1 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 2 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 3 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 4 House boarded up after fight in Norfolk village
- 5 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 6 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
- 7 'Carnage' as fight involving axes breaks out after van crashes into house
- 8 Heatwave leaves dried-up pond like 'scene from sci-fi movie'
- 9 Norfolk spot named among UK's best waterside pubs
- 10 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today