Norwich City loan watch: Sinani on target and Morris scores for MK Dons in midweek fixtures
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Danel Sinani recorded his second league goal of the season for Waasland-Beveren as his strike helped them beat KV Oostende 2-0 in the Jupiler League.
Sinani has featured regularly for the Belgian top-flight side since arriving on loan from Norwich City earlier this season and seems to be hitting his stride for the Wolves.
The Luxembourg international swept home after leading a fine counter-attack in the 61st minute to secure Waasland-Beveren's first home win of the campaign. The Belgian side haven't recorded a win at the Freethiel Stadium from 11 months.
Sinani is playing regularly for Arnauld Mercier's men, predominantly as a number ten although he has been deployed as a striker and a right-winger.
The same can't be said for Melvin Sitti, however. The French midfielder is yet to make a matchday squad for the Belgian side.
Carlton Morris kickstarted the fightback for Russell Martin's MK Dons on Tuesday, netting in the second half to reduce the deficit to 2-1 against Shrewsbury Town. The game ended 2-2 at Stadium MK, with City legend Martin praising his influence after a frustrating few weeks which has seen him confined to the bench.
"It means so much to Carlton to be here," Martin told the MK Citizen. "He's desperate for it to work and he's a victim of trying too hard and feeling the burden of things, results. I've told him to relax because we know what he can do.
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 4 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 9 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 10 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
"I've never questioned his attitude towards what we're trying to do and to the club, considering he's not our player at this moment in time as well."
Former City striker Cameron Jerome netted the equaliser, with Andrew Surman also starting.
Timm Klose played the entirety of FC Basel's 2-1 victory over FC Lausanne on Wednesday. The Swiss international went close with a header in the first-half and is playing with a cast on his left hand after breaking his hand on his debut.
In the Championship, Sam McCallum continues to impress under Mark Robins for Coventry City. The 20-year-old is operating as a right-wing back due to an injury to Fankaty Dabo and played 90 minutes in their 1-0 win over Cardiff City. Tom Trybull played the first 60 minutes of Blackburn Rovers’ 3-0 win away to Preston North End on Tuesday.