Celtic keen on Norwich City striker
- Credit: PA
Kyle Lafferty is being linked with a shock move to Celtic in the summer according to reports north of the border.
The Norwich City striker, who is currently on loan at Turkish side Rizespor, has caught the attention of Hoops boss Ronny Deila. The Parkhead chief has been impressed with Lafferty's performances for Northern Ireland with the 27-year-old's goalscoring displays taking his country to the brink of the Euro 2016 finals in France next year.
Deila has reportedly spoken to Northern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill over Lafferty, who scored just one goal in 20 appearances for the Canaries before being put out on loan in Turkey to gain regular first team football.
Lafferty will still have two years left on his contract with the Canaries in the summer, with the option of a third, but a £3m offer could tempt Norwich into doing business.
Any potential move would certainly be controversial given Lafferty's four-year spell with Old Firm rivals Rangers, who he supported as a child.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 3 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 8 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash