Stunning hotel view shows summer work at Carrow Road
- Credit: Jack Cummings
Work has been taking place at Norwich City's stadium ahead of the club's Premier League campaign.
Canaries fan Jack Cummings captured footage of scaffolding which has been erected in the South Stand while he was staying at the Holiday Inn hotel in the corner of the ground.
A spokesman for Norwich City said the club is adding clear perspex and glass to the broadcast gantry.
Three television gantries were previously attached to the stand's cantilever roof before this was upgraded in the summer of 2013 to a new gantry which stretched almost the entire width of the stand.
More commonly known as the Jarrold Stand, it has been a distinctive feature at Carrow Road ever since the £8m project was completed in February 2004.
You may also want to watch:
In response to Mr Cummings' picture, many supporters were struck by how lush the Carrow Road surface has been looking during the off season.
Canary fan Rob Petchey said: "I bet the groundsman loves that bit of green at the moment. Look at it."
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 4 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 7 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
Others described the pitch as looking "unreal" and "naughty".