Stunning hotel view shows summer work at Carrow Road
- Credit: Jack Cummings
Work has been taking place at Norwich City's stadium ahead of the club's Premier League campaign.
Canaries fan Jack Cummings captured footage of scaffolding which has been erected in the South Stand while he was staying at the Holiday Inn hotel in the corner of the ground.
A spokesman for Norwich City said the club is adding clear perspex and glass to the broadcast gantry.
Three television gantries were previously attached to the stand's cantilever roof before this was upgraded in the summer of 2013 to a new gantry which stretched almost the entire width of the stand.
More commonly known as the Jarrold Stand, it has been a distinctive feature at Carrow Road ever since the £8m project was completed in February 2004.
In response to Mr Cummings' picture, many supporters were struck by how lush the Carrow Road surface has been looking during the off season.
Canary fan Rob Petchey said: "I bet the groundsman loves that bit of green at the moment. Look at it."
- 1 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 2 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 3 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 4 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 5 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 Warning to pet owners after chocolate dumped in seaside village
- 8 Norfolk attraction to hold its largest ever fireworks display
- 9 Woman filmed being raped while she was unconscious, court told
- 10 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
Others described the pitch as looking "unreal" and "naughty".