Canos back in action as City Under-23s win in London
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Fulham Under-23s 0 Norwich City Under-23s 1
Sergi Canos got a run-out last night as Norwich City Under-23s secured a narrow Premier League win at Motspur Park.
The summer signing from Liverpool, who has not featured in a first team squad since the disappointing 3-0 defeat at Birmingham, was part of an inexperiened Norwich side who came away from London with the points.
Fulham flew out of the traps and a minute after Josh Smile had seen his header tipped over by City keeper Ben Killip, Elijah Adebayo had an effort ruled out for offside.
Marek Rodák was called into action for the first time midway through the half when he kept out a well hit free-kick from Raymond Grant, son of Fulham's manager Peter, the former City boss.
You may also want to watch:
There was one more decent chance either way before the half was out, as Mattias Kait headed Smile's corner on to the roof of the net and Joe Crowe's follow-up from a blocked Canos effort was turned over by Rodák.
Six minutes after the break a 30-yarder from Louis Ramsey was pushed behind by Rodák and from the corner Norwich took the lead.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
Diallang Jaiyesimi managed to squeeze between two defenders and got a shot away that Rodák got something to, but the Slovakian was unable to keep it out.
Kait thought he'd equalised as his drilled shot took a deflection to wrong-foot Killip, but it went fractionally wide of the post. And the Estonian Under-21 international then went even closer, heading against the bar.
City starting line-up: Killip; Efete, Godfrey, Turner, Ramsay; Crowe, Grant, Cantwell; Jaiyesimi, Canos, Morris.