Norwich City transfer rumours: Marley Watkins set for summer exit
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Marley Watkins is again being touted with a close season move to the Canaries' Championship rivals Bristol City.
Watkins was the subject of interest from the Robins in January after failing to make a big impact in his debut season at Carrow Road.
The Mirror report on Friday Robins' chief Lee Johnson is set to test City's resolve to hold onto the Welsh international again in the summer.
Johnson worked with Watkins at Barnsley during a successful stint at Oakwell that saw the 27-year-old linked to a number of second tier clubs after opting to leave the Reds on a free transfer 12 months ago.
Watkins has scored one goal in 27 appearances for the Canaries but has largely had a bit-part role under Farke and has made only one start in the last month since returning from international duty with fatigue and then picking up a sickness bug.
You may also want to watch:
Farke brought in Onel Hernandez in January to provide competition in wide areas along with Josh Murphy, while Yanic Wildschut is scheduled to return from a loan stint at Cardiff City at the end of the current campaign.
Watkins spoke publicly about his frustrations last month when he labelled this season a career 'low'.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 9 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low