Moritz Leitner fit again, Onel Hernandez suffers injury setback ahead of Aston Villa visit
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Moritz Leitner is in contention to return from a hamstring injury for Norwich City's televised Championship test against Aston Villa - but Onel Hernandez has suffered a setback in his fitness bid.
Daniel Farke confirmed at Colney on Friday afternoon Hernandez is out of the next two Championship games against the Villans and Sunderland.
Leitner is not in contention to start on Saturday but is available for the match day squad.
Marco Stiepermann is not under consideration after only returning to training following a hernia operation in recent days.
'Like Moritz, Marco has been back in training for two days, though it's too early to call on him,' said Farke. 'But it's good to have him back in training.
'Moritz hasn't been away for too long so we could have him back in the squad for tomorrow but he isn't ready to start just yet. He has been away for four weeks but he can play some minutes.
'There is no chance for Onel. There was sadly a setback in his rehab. There is no chance for Sunderland either. It will probably late next week when he can return to team training. He can do some individual work and a little bit of running stuff but no chance for team training.'
- 1 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 2 46-cabin holiday park proposed for Norfolk countryside
- 3 Afternoon tea at Norwich tea room named one of best in UK
- 4 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing
- 5 Dereham coach firm closes after more than 50 years in business
- 6 Artist dies just weeks after Covid cancellation of psychiatrist appointment
- 7 Woman in 50s arrested after house sealed off in quiet street
- 8 Boatyard in 'prime position' in Norfolk Broads goes up for auction
- 9 Richard Osman visits city shop while filming for BBC show
- 10 Delays ease on A47 near Dereham after four-vehicle crash
Sean Raggett is available after Farke revealed his missed out at QPR with a back problem, but Marley Watkins (sickness) is again absent.
'Sean is back on the training pitch today (Friday) after missing some days and the QPR game,' said Farke. 'We are thinking about him as an option. Marley is sick. He has a high temperature and doesn't feel comfortable so no chance to involve him for this weekend.'
Tom Trybull (ankle/knee) is only back in light training.
'Tom is doing well,' said Farke. 'He is out on the pitch and doing some ball exercises. The first step is he has to return to the team training and the plan is still we have him for the last four or five games.'
Matt Jarvis and Louis Thompson (Achilles) remain longer term absentees.
• Re-live the main lines from the press conference in the blog above