Canaries U23s set to face Sutton during pre-season
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Pre-season is starting to take shape for Norwich City Under-23s.
The Canaries have confirmed their development squad will face National League side Sutton United in a friendly on Saturday, July 28.
The game at Gander Green Lane is a 12pm kick-off on the same day that City's first team will be playing League One side Charlton Athletic, around 18 miles away, in a 3pm friendly.
Matt Gill's U23 squad also took on Sutton at the Knights Community Stadium in pre-season last year, when Diallang Jaiyesimi and Todd Cantwell were on target in a 3-2 defeat.
The south London side finished third in the top tier of non-league last season but were beaten 3-2 at home by Boreham Wood in the play-off semi-finals.
You may also want to watch:
The friendly will follow the club's pre-season tour of Germany between Friday, July 13 and Saturday, July 21, when the U23s are due to play three friendly fixtures which – as with the first team – are yet to be confirmed.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk