Norwich City transfer rumours: Shrewsbury midfielder on Canaries’ radar
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
City have been touted with a move for Shrews' ace Jon Nolan.
The Sun reported over the weekend Nolan, who scored the winner in his club's 1-0 League One win over Blackpool on Saturday, is being tracked by the Canaries ahead of next month's transfer window.
Nolan has been a key figure in Shrewsbury's promotion push this season, operating alongside City loanee Ben Godfrey in midfield for Paul Hurst's squad. The 25-year-old has notched five goals in 25 appearances since moving from Chesterfield in the summer.
The combative midfielder was part of Everton's academy but had spells at Stockport, Lincoln and a loan move to Wrexham in addition to Chesterfield before joining the Shrews.
City have previously been linked with Wigan's Sam Morsy to add some steel to Daniel Farke's midfield options.
Nolan still has two years left on his existing deal with the Shropshire side and admitted after his match-winner on Saturday his focus is helping to spearhead the Shrews' promotion push.
'I firmly believe that we're good enough to finish the season up there, he said. 'I know everyone says '50 points', but why not aim higher? Of course it brings more pressure that they (the chasing teams) are behind us but we're concentrating on ourselves.'
Godfrey, who himself was linked with reported interest from the Premier League in recent days, was surprisingly was left out of the starting line up at the weekend, although fellow City loan starlet Carlton Morris was restored to Hurst's line up.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 5 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 6 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 7 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 8 Norfolk's landmark vote to curb second homes
- 9 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 10 Roadworks and closures to be aware of in Norfolk this week
'I have to remind myself what age Ben is,' said Hurst. 'I don't think of late he has been as good as what he can be, but that's no slight on him – I think we've all been delighted with how he's done.'
Godfrey is set to return to his parent club in January but Farke hinted prior to the weekend the 19-year-old is poised to finish the season with the Shrews.