Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries £300,000 move for Luton defender rejected
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have had a £300,000 enquiry for Luton's highly-rated teenage defender Akin Famewo turned down.
The Daily Mail report on Wednesday afternoon the Hatters are determined to keep hold of the youngster as they chase promotion from League Two.
A number of Championship sides have reportedly made enquiries for the 6ft 2ins centre back, who can also operate at left-back.
The Daily Mail claim the Canaries tabled an initial £250,000 plus add-ons for the Lewisham-born defender.
Famewo made his senior debut in August 2016 and has eight appearances this season for the runaway League Two leaders, who are currently eight points clear of second-placed Wycombe.
City plucked Jamal Lewis from Luton's academy in 2014 and the Northern Ireland youth international has made his first team breakthrough at Carrow Road in recent weeks.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?