Norwich City transfer rumours: Jose Mourinho targets City ace as the ‘new’ Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Norwich City's highly-rated Irish striker Adam Idah is reportedly attracting attention from Manchester United.
Italian-based football transfer web site, calciomercato.com, claim Mourinho is on the look out for longer term replacements for Zlatan Ibrahmiovic, who left United in recent days to join MLS club LA Galaxy.
Idah caught the eye for the Canaries with a hat-trick in the FA Youth Cup win over Barnsley earlier this season, and has been a prolific scorer at youth level for the Republic of Ireland.
The 17-year-old is currently on international duty, and helped the Republic's U17s reach the European Championships this summer in England over the weekend with a 2-0 elite qualifying round win against Georgia.
Idah had opened the scoring in Friday's 3-0 win over Macedonia, which set his country on their way to a second consecutive appearance in the finals at U17 level.
The Cork-bred frontman joined Norwich in July 2017 as a first year scholar and is part of a growing crop of development strikers, with the likes of Anthony Spyrou, Tristan Abrahams and Pierre Fonkeu.
City also announced the pending arrival of Dagenham youngster Mason Bloomfield prior to the weekend. The 21-year-old will link up with the Canaries this summer.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 10 New homes in Norfolk village will be for locals