Norwich City v Stoke City: The Lowdown
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Can Norwich City whip up a storm against Stoke? Get in the mood with videos, quotes, team news and expected formations.
NORWICH TEAM NEWS
Daniel Farke reported no fresh injury concerns on Friday, following the midweek 1-1 Championship draw at Derby County. The City chief is weighing up changes however after a delayed journey home and a gruelling spell for his unbeaten side.
Onel Hernandez returns to the squad after recovering from a hernia operation. Ivo Pinto is also pushing for a place in the 18 after being omitted in midweek. Ben Marshall was scheduled to feature for the Under-23s on Friday night at Leicester City as he steps up his recovery from a recent viral illness.
Grant Hanley (quad), Kenny McLean (ankle), Carlton Morris and Matt Jarvis (both knee) remain sidelined and Nelson Oliveira is out of favour.
STOKE TEAM NEWS
- 1 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 2 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 3 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 4 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 5 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 6 Norfolk attraction to hold its largest ever fireworks display
- 7 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 8 Woman filmed being raped while she was unconscious, court told
- 9 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 10 High Court threat to A47 dualling plan
James McClean has returned to the Potters' ranks after a wrist problem. Mame Biram Diouf is back in contention after a hamstring injury.
FROM THE DUGOUT
'It is probably the most experienced squad in the whole league, with the biggest names in the whole league and an experienced coach at this level.
'They have players with more appearances for national teams than my players have in the Championship, although we have Alex Tettey with 600 games or whatever. It is an unbelievable squad.
'Just analyse some of the players in each position. Jamal Lewis is 20 and for Stoke (Erik) Pieters has played 20 times for the Netherlands. Even their most inexperienced player, (Bruno) Martins Indi, has played for the Netherlands.
'It is not a guarantee to be successful though.'
'Daniel's teams, we played a couple of times last season, are always very organised, that sort of German mentality about they move and press and limit space.
'We could be talking about any game in the Championship: we've got to go there and be very good defensively, which we probably have been in the majority of recent games – there's just been small moments – and also be good enough to break them down.'
Norwich (4-2-3-1): Krul, Aarons, Zimmermann, Klose, Lewis, Leitner, Tettey, Vrancic, Stiepermann, Cantwell, Pukki.
Stoke City (4-3-3): Butland, Martina, Williams, Indi, Pieters, Etebo, Woods, Allen, Ince, Afobe, Berahino.
BY THE BOOK
(Odds provided by SkyBet)
REFEREE – DAVID COOTE (NOTTS)
Shown 17 yellow and one red card in five games this season.