Canaries star Maddison nominated for another award
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City talisman James Maddison has been nominated for yet another monthly Championship award.
For the second successive month the Canaries playmaker is on the shortlist for the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA) Bristol Street Motors Player of the Month award for the Championship, which has now been put to a public vote.
The 21-year-old has scored nine goals in 32 games in the league so far this season and is also credited with six assists. During February he scored a penalty during a 1-1 draw at Derby and crossed for Christoph Zimmermann to score with a header during a 2-2 draw at Wolves.
Maddison is up against Cardiff defender Sean Morrison, Preston midfielder Alan Browne, Middlesbrough's speedy fgorward Adama Traore, Wolves attacker Ivan Cavaleiro and Sheffield Wednesday striker Lucas Joao.
Maddison started all five matches as the Canaries went unbeaten during February, winning 1-0 at home against Boro before successive draws against Derby, Ipswich, Wolves and Bolton.
The PFA's nomination details state: 'Maddison continues to catch the eye and win plaudits with his performances at Norwich City.
'The attacking midfielder ranked joint first in terms of chances created in the division in February as he added another goal and assist to add to his tally for the season.'
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 5 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 6 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 7 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 8 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 9 Long-delayed wedding finally takes place... in 1941
- 10 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
Voting closes at 8am on Wednesday, March 7 and the winner will be announced at 11am on the same day.
The England Under-21 international has already won the Sky Bet Championship Goal of the Month award, for spectacular strikes during 1-0 wins at Middlesbrough in September and Bristol City in January.
Maddison was beaten to January's award by Fulham starlet Ryan Sessegnon and was also on the shortlist for the Sky Bet Championship Player of the Month award for September, October and January this season.
In total Maddison has scored 10 goals and set up nine in 37 games in all competitions, leading to regular speculation linking him with Premier League clubs including Manchester City, Tottenham, Liverpool, West Ham and Leicester.