David Wagner confirms Norwich City have accepted Huddersfield offer for Alex Pritchard
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Pritchard is poised to seal his Premier League switch to Huddersfield - with Terriers' chief David Wagner confirming discussions are at an advanced stage.
Norwich City have agreed a fee with Town, leaving Pritchard and his advisors to thrash out personal terms and complete a medical.
The Canaries had rejected an opening £5m enquiry from Wagner's club this month, but widespread reports in the past 24 hours suggest the deal is worth an initial £11m to City.
Norwich's top brass made it clear Daniel Farke was under no pressure to offload his top talent during the January transfer window, but Pritchard is believed to have wanted a return to the top flight after failing to make the grade at Tottenham.
'I can confirm that the clubs have found a solution (on Pritchard),' said Wagner, speaking on Thursday lunchtime at his pre-match press conference ahead of the weekend's Premier League game against West Ham. 'Now we are discussing personal terms.'
You may also want to watch:
The midfielder only made his first appearance of this season on November 25, after a pre-season ankle ligament injury that required surgery.
Pritchard, who is under contract at Carrow Road until 2020, has scored eight goals and created 11 assists in 43 games for the Canaries since moving form Spurs in August 2016.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 9 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt on the following channels…