TEAM NEWS: Double fitness boost for Norwich City ahead of Preston clash
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ivo Pinto is winning his fitness battle to recover from a stomach bug for the Championship home test against Alex Neil's Preston.
Pinto and Todd Cantwell missed the 2-1 league defeat at Sheffield United with illness, but Cantwell is in Daniel Farke's squad and Pinto returned to training on Tuesday.
Farke reported no fresh injury concerns from the defeat at Bramall Lane.
'Todd, much, much better. He would be available,' said Farke. 'The same with Ivo. The good thing is with a bad stomach it is pretty tough for two or three days and not eating, but then it is done. He was able to train with the group today (Tuesday) for the first time and if everything is okay this afternoon and overnight he will be a late call.
'For the other guys who were available at the weekend, no problems. Alex Tettey finished the game with some cramps but there has been enough time to recover.'
You may also want to watch:
Kenny McLean is ruled out until after the international break with ankle ligament damage, while Mario Vrancic is still sidelined.
Farke sanctioned the departure of James Husband to Fleetwood on loan earlier this week.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 8 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Person dies after being hit by train
'In general we must look at the big picture with James,' said Farke. 'For the first six months of last season he was involved a lot but if we are honest when Jamal (Lewis) returned he wasn't used so much and had just two or three games. There was one really good game at Barnsley when he had an assist for Josh (Murphy) but also some games when he wasn't here with his best performance.
'I wouldn't say at Birmingham he was there on his best level and now with Jamal back, and Ivo proved he can do a job there, Max Aarons was a big, big surprise as a full back option and even Max Passlack, Marco Stiepermann and Ben Marshall are options.
'James has been struggling a bit with his self-confidence because it is hard when you come in for a game and you know the pressure is on to perform before Jamal returns. You have to be there with a brilliant performance. That is not so easy and with James we got the feeling it would help to have four or five games in a row without this pressure.'
• Re-live the main lines from the press conference in the window