'Out of this world' - Social media reacts to stunning Sargent strike
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Stunning. Stupendous. Significant. Josh Sargent is off the mark for Norwich City and couldn't have chosen a more apt time to record his first Premier League goals.
Teemu Pukki's cross seemed to have travelled past the USA international before he produced a wonderful piece of improvisation to direct the ball into the net.
Both the goal line decision system and VAR held up the celebrations, but there was no robbing the 21-year-old of that moment in front of a packed, raucous and happy travelling contingent of City supporters.
Few have received more criticism than the American forward, with Sargent ending the evening being serenaded by delighted City supporters during his post-match media duties.
After the miss against Brighton and a failure to work himself onto the scoresheet, this would have a significant relief to Sargent and caps off a momentous fortnight that saw him become a father for the first time.
His jump for the second goal was almost fuelled by the confidence that was flowing through his veins. In the context of his individual and City's collective season, it may well turn out to be an important moment.
At ease, Sarge. Your mission is complete.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 5 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 6 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 7 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 8 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 9 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 10 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- Read reaction to Sargent's brace and Norwich's wonderful performance via social media above and below