Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- Credit: Imago/PA Images
Norwich City have reached an agreement with PAOK over the signing of attacker Christos Tzolis.
As we exclusively revealed on Thursday, the Canaries are in advanced negotiations and have seen a €12m package for the 19-year-old accepted. A club record deal is expected to be completed in the coming days.
PAOK have rebuffed City's previous offers but Norwich were determined to add the Greek international for the Premier League push, who they have tracked for the past 12 months.
The teenager is set to sign a five-year contract according to reports in Greece, although that could be broken down into a four-year deal with a club option for a further year.
Club Brugge made a late attempt to join the race to sign Tzolis, but the winger is now expected to fly to England to complete the formalities of his move to the Premier League newboys.
Tzolis, who featured in midweek for PAOK in the European Conference League, was previously linked with Manchester United and Borussia Dortmund after an eye-catching breakthrough in Greek football.
It is believed the player was extremely keen on a move to England and the clubs share a strong relationship after his former club mate, Dimitris Giannoulis, moved to Carrow Road in January before completing a permanent summer switch. City's left-back is understood to have held a conversation with the winger about the move.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
The chase for Tzolis is unrelated to the speculation surrounding Todd Cantwell, who has been linked with a move to Aston Villa should the formalities of Jack Grealish's move to Manchester City get wrapped up.
Tzolis is set to become the latest summer addition after Milot Rashica, Angus Gunn, Billy Gilmour and Pierre Lees-Melou, who have all committed to the Canaries ahead of their upcoming Premier League campaign.
City remain active in the window and hope to also wrap up a deal for a full-back, with Brandon Williams a player of interest, a central midfielder, a centre back and a striker.
Talks to sign the Manchester United youngster aren't at an advanced stage at present, but City are hoping to add the 20-year-old to their squad this summer.
The Canaries have until 11pm on August 30 to complete their transfer dealings.