James Maddison touch and go for Middlesbrough visit
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
James Maddison is a major doubt for Norwich City's Championship game against Middlesbrough with a hamstring problem.
Daniel Farke confirmed at Colney on Friday Maddison had missed three days training and will be a late fitness call for Boro's visit to Carrow Road on Saturday.
Timm Klose is struggling with a heel issue but Farke is confident the Swiss centre back is fit to face the Teessiders.
Captain Ivo Pinto (knee) is definitely ruled out but expected to return next week after suffering a freak injury climbing out of his car.
Wes Hoolahan has recovered from the back problem that kept him out at Brentford last weekend.
'We have some problems with James,' said Farke. 'We were really concerned at the start of the week because he had some problems in his hamstring. He did not train Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
'He returned to team training on Friday and we hope there is no reaction overnight. It looked good in training but it will be a late decision. We did a scan and we think it might be related to his back. There was no blood in the muscle or any concern that he is out for several weeks.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 3 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 4 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 5 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 6 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
- 7 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 8 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 9 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our pictures from Reepham Festival?
'He is just a little bit tight and stiff and we don't want to take any risks. It was much better on Friday. If he is not available for this game our supporters do not have to be concerned that he has used the transfer window for a move to China. He is still a member of our squad.
'We have an issue with Timm. Something like heel spurs and blisters on the back of his heel. We had to do without him on Thursday. But I think he is available.
'Sadly, Ivo is not. He is much improved and we had the feeling he would be ready for this weekend but it is still a risk. He feels some pain in his movements. It is nothing too special. Thankfully it is a period of the season where we don't play every three days. It is one game a week.
'Wes has no more problems with his back. He was able to train. Tom Trybull has had a proper week. He is not 100pc but it has been a good training week.'
• Click on the window to re-live the main headlines from the press conference.