James Maddison touch and go for Middlesbrough visit
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
James Maddison is a major doubt for Norwich City's Championship game against Middlesbrough with a hamstring problem.
Daniel Farke confirmed at Colney on Friday Maddison had missed three days training and will be a late fitness call for Boro's visit to Carrow Road on Saturday.
Timm Klose is struggling with a heel issue but Farke is confident the Swiss centre back is fit to face the Teessiders.
Captain Ivo Pinto (knee) is definitely ruled out but expected to return next week after suffering a freak injury climbing out of his car.
Wes Hoolahan has recovered from the back problem that kept him out at Brentford last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
'We have some problems with James,' said Farke. 'We were really concerned at the start of the week because he had some problems in his hamstring. He did not train Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
'He returned to team training on Friday and we hope there is no reaction overnight. It looked good in training but it will be a late decision. We did a scan and we think it might be related to his back. There was no blood in the muscle or any concern that he is out for several weeks.
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 5 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 8 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 9 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
'He is just a little bit tight and stiff and we don't want to take any risks. It was much better on Friday. If he is not available for this game our supporters do not have to be concerned that he has used the transfer window for a move to China. He is still a member of our squad.
'We have an issue with Timm. Something like heel spurs and blisters on the back of his heel. We had to do without him on Thursday. But I think he is available.
'Sadly, Ivo is not. He is much improved and we had the feeling he would be ready for this weekend but it is still a risk. He feels some pain in his movements. It is nothing too special. Thankfully it is a period of the season where we don't play every three days. It is one game a week.
'Wes has no more problems with his back. He was able to train. Tom Trybull has had a proper week. He is not 100pc but it has been a good training week.'
• Click on the window to re-live the main headlines from the press conference.