‘He is amazing’ - Mario Vrancic reveals special bond with Norwich City team mate
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Mario Vrancic expected 'special' James Maddison to be the star of the show at Norwich City this season.
The Bosnian international midfielder counts Maddison as one of his best pals at Carrow Road since a move from the Bundesliga last summer.
Vrancic, who scored his first league goal for the club in the 3-2 Championship win over Reading prior to the international break, admitted he was amazed Maddison only had a bit-part role under previous City boss Alex Neil.
'He is amazing. He is absolutely brilliant.
'I saw it the first days in training when I joined the club,' said Vrancic.
You may also want to watch:
'You could tell this guy is special, very, very special. I couldn't believe it when he told me he didn't play very often last season at the club. Thankfully he has had a brilliant season and he is a special player and also a very good friend of mine.
'For me, I just want to stay fit and healthy and get minutes on the pitch and make a contribution.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 9 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 10 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
'It is about concentrating on the basics and trying to perform to the best of my ability.'