So long Madders. Now who steps up for Norwich City?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
James Maddison's pending Premier League move to Leicester City opens up a vacancy as Norwich City's new creator-in-chief.
To call Maddison a tough act to follow is akin to stating the Canaries struggled in front of goal last season. A statement of the obvious. But sourcing an alternative to a young midfielder who topped the assists and goals charts at Carrow Road will test sporting director Stuart Webber and head coach Daniel Farke.
The question is, does the answer already lie in the building?
Is it too soon for Todd Cantwell to make the same meteoric progress as Maddison over the next season or does Steven Naismith get brought back in from the cold.
Can Emi Buendia or Onel Hernandez offer something more direct in that advanced central role behind a lone striker. Farke certainly believes Hernandez can be deployed infield, while Buendia has been bought to provide options right across the park?
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps Kenny McLean's versatility mark him out as a viable alternative or is a return for Moritz Leitner the short term answer?
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 9 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
• Cast your ballot from the poll options above