Remi Matthews has the magic touch at Plymouth

Norwich City goalkeeper Remi Matthews is enjoying a positive loan spell at Plymouth. Picture by Liam

Norwich City goalkeeper Remi Matthews is enjoying a positive loan spell at Plymouth. Picture by Liam McAvoy/Focus Images - Credit: Liam McAvoy/Focus Images Limited

Remi Matthews' remarkable run on loan at League One Plymouth shows no signs of running out of steam, after keeping another clean sheet in the Pilgrims' 1-0 win over Bradford.

The shot-stopper's ninth clean sheet in 18 appearances helped push Derek Adams' squad into the play-off positions.

'We have just got to keep on working hard,' said Adams. 'We have got 11 games to go and we want to see how many points we can pick up.

'The players have shown a great willingness to win football matches.

'We have had a lot of injuries and suspensions but we have overcome that and are on a very good run.'

In the same division, Ben Godfrey played 90 minutes in title-chasing Shrewsbury's 2-0 win at Charlton Athletic, with Carlton Morris substituted in stoppage time.

In League Two Adam Phillips was an unused substitute for Cambridge United who were beaten 1-0 at Accrington Stanley. It was a similar story Paul Jones, who was on the bench for Exeter City in a 1-0 win at Grimbsy side for whom Diallang Jaiyesimi completed 90 minutes.

Most Read

Ebou Adams was on target in Leyton Orient's 3-3 FA Trophy quarter-final draw with Gateshead.

Russell Martin notched his first goal since April 2017 in a 2-0 win for Rangers over a Hearts' side who featured fellow City loanee Steven Naismith.

The weekend started for City's loan contingent with Todd Cantwell scoring his first senior professional goal in Fortuna Sittard's 1-1 Eerste Divisie draw at NEC.

Marcel Franke also played on Friday night in a 3-2 win for Dynamo Dresden at Arminia Bielefeld in Bundesliga II.

Yanic Wildschut was not included in Cardiff's matchday squad for Sunday's 1-0 Championship win over Bristol City that kept the Bluebirds firmly in the hunt for promotion to the Premier League.

Kenny McLean was part of the Aberdeen side who lost 2-0 at home to champions-elect Celtic on the same afternoon.